BOOTH APPLICATIONS for 2022 are now being accepted
Would you like to be involved with the April 29-May 1, 2022 iMagicon convention? Do you have a product to sell that is in theme with pop culture, comic books, gaming or fandoms? Are you an artist that would like to be involved with our Artist Alley? Or maybe you simply want to host a gaming tournament or activity at the event.
1. Secure an ND State Tax ID Number (all sales booths) and have ready for the application process
*Please note that booth rents slightly increased due to increase rentals at the venue.
• Single booth– $150, includes 10×10 ft space; 1 table; 2 chairs; wi-fi, access to 110 power (please bring extension cord), pipe & drape, 2 vendor passes
• Double booth– $300, includes 10 x 20 ft space; 2 tables; 2 chairs; wi-fi, access to 110 power (please bring extension cord), pipe & drape, 2 vendor passes
• Triple booth – $450, includes 10 x 30 ft space; 3 tables; 4 chairs; wi-fi, access to 110 power (please bring extension cord), pipe & drape, 4 vendor passes
• Activity/Info Booth – $100 per 8×10 ft area, each 8×10 space includes 1 table; 2 chairs; wi-fi, access to 110 power (please bring extension cord), 2 vendor passes into the event. No sales allowed.
• Artist Booth– $100, for individuals selling their own original paintings & drawings. Other original handcrafted items may be sold but can only take up 20% of their booth (meaning original paintings/drawings must make up majority of the booth); if it takes up more, you will be sent a Single Booth registration link; 8×10 ft space; 1 table; 2 chairs; wi-fi, access to 110 power (please bring extension cord), 2 vendor passes
• Author Booth – $100, for individuals selling their own published books; 8×10 ft space; 1 table; 2 chairs; wi-fi, access to 110 power (please bring extension cord), 2 vendor passes
• Food Truck – $100 rental spot outside main doors. Please note that all food vendors must sign a 20% commission agreement with the Minot Municipal Auditorium as they reserve all rights to food sales. 4 vendor passes.
Booth Upgrades: Extra tables ($5/table) and chairs ($2/chair) may be rented for an additional cost. Additional vendor passes required for your booth may be purchased at a reduced rate of $15 per worker or for kids.
Official Hotel: Vendors and participants are encouraged to help support the convention by staying at our official hotel – The Hampton Inn & Suites and/or The Grand Hotel – which have set up a special iMagicon room block for participants. The Hampton Inn & Suites and Grand will offer free shuttle service between the hotel and iMagicon for guests. By renting rooms through our Sponsors, it shows the Minot area that our guests truly support the event. If you decide to rent outside of the room block (say for Military discounts, etc), make sure you mention you are in town for iMagicon. Click here to reserve your room!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions are applicable to all vendor applications. Vendors who submit an application hereby agree to the terms and conditions.
Hours of Operation: Vendors must agree to stay open for business throughout the convention. Vending hours are 11 am to 8 pm, April 29-30 and 11 am-6 pm, Sunday, May 1, with exception to activity/gaming booths who may register to stay open later until midnight Friday/Saturday. We understand this can be a long day, but please staff your booth accordingly so it remains open at all times but yet gives workers time to take breaks.
Move-in for vendors is 1 p.m. to 8 p.m., Thursday, April 28, 2022, at the Minot (ND) Municipal Auditorium. Convention hours run from 11 a.m.-12 a.m. (midnight) April 29-30 and will run 11 am-6 pm, Sunday, May 1. Vendors need to bring a team to ensure their booths will be staffed during the convention. No vendor is allowed to tear down before 6 pm, Sunday, May 1.
Tear Down: Move out begins at 6 pm, Sunday, May 1. Please try to be out by 10 pm. Please remember that our guests PAY for an event that runs until 6 pm, Sunday, May 1. Vendors who leave early can ruin a user’s experience. Therefore, any vendors leaving PRIOR to 6 pm, Sunday, May 1, must have written permission from iMagicon to do so in advance. Violators who leave the event early may risk future involvement by a) having future vendor applications rejected or b) vendor will be placed in a lower traffic area.
Vendor Badges/Passes: Booth rentals come with a pre-determined vendor badge number. Any additional passes must be purchased for workers/children at a special $15/person vendor booth rate. Children under that age of 18 accompanying vendors will be given a 3-day wristband to wear that will have the vendor booth name written on it for security purposes.
Booth Placement: Booths placements are typically assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. It pays to reserve your booth early!
Refunds & Withdrawals: No refunds will be issued for withdrawal after acceptance, or in the event of bad weather. iMagicon will review withdrawals on a case-by-case basis and may approve a one-time courtesy allowance for a vendor to carry their reservation forward into the next calendar year. The courtesy decision is iMagicon’s and iMagicon’s only and should never be considered a “backup plan’ or a “guarantee”.
Advance registration: Vendors must register in advance and all rental fees paid with the application. An NSF check will constitute an automatic cancellation of invitation.
Signage: All booths must have a banner (preferred) or signage indicating the name of the booth/business.
Food/Concession Sales: The Minot Municipal Auditorium retains the right to sell food (concessions) and beverages. For vendors wishing to sell concessions at the event, you will be required to pay a flat booth fee to iMagicon and a 20% commission fee on sales to the Minot Municipal Auditorium. Please email us at email@example.com for more information.
Commissions: iMagicon will not take a commission on merchandise booth sales generated at the April 29-May 1, 2021 convention. Rock on!
ND State Sales Tax ID Requirement: All vendors who are selling items are required to provide to iMagicon their ND State Tax ID Number. This information is necessary as iMagicon is legally required to provide a listing of all vendors, including Tax ID number for booths selling items, on the Special Events Vendor Report filed with the ND Tax Office.
- To apply for a ND Sales and Use Permit, please visit https://apps.nd.gov/tax/tap/_/.
- To learn more about if you (as a vendor) are required to have a ND Sales & Use Permit, please visit: https://www.nd.gov/tax/user/businesses/formspublications/sales-use-tax/special-events.
- For more information on Sales & Use, please visit: www.nd.gov/tax.
- Or if you want to email the ND Tax Office with your questions (they are really friendly), simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales & tax: Vendors are responsible for all sales transactions and must bring their own cash box/credit card system. Credit card systems are ENCOURAGED as the ATM often runs out on Saturday. Vendors are responsible for collecting and paying 7.5% North Dakota State Sales Tax. To apply for a North Dakota Sales & Use Permit, please visit: https://apps.nd.gov/tax/tap/_/. For more information on Sales & Use, please visit: www.nd.gov/tax
Use of iMagicon logo: Vendors wishing to use iMagicon’s name and logo in connection with business must gain permission and enter into a signed license agreement and commission agreement with iMagicon for use.
Restricted Sales: iMagicon retains the right to sell t-shirts, apparel, and items bearing the iMagicon name & logo. The sales of these items will not be permitted except for those with written authorization.
Insurance: Exhibitor is responsible for proper insurance and protection of entries.
Security: iMagicon provides security during open hours of the event 9 am to 1 am when the general public is inside the building. Vendors are responsible for individual booth security during operating hours. Between 1 am and 9 am, the Minot Municipal Auditorium is locked and closed to the public. At 9 am, vendors may begin entering the facility.
Liabilities: iMagicon and the Minot Municipal Auditorium shall be held harmless from and against any and all liabilities, suits, claims, damages, injuries and action, costs and expenses of any kind or nature of anyone whatsoever relating to premises due to or arising out of any act, negligence, or neglect of the vendor, any of its employees, members, guests, agents or invitees. The vendor is responsible to set up and maintain the display so as no threat or nuisance is made to the public.
COVID-19: By attending this event you may be exposed to communal diseases such as COVID-19 and assume all risks involved. iMagicon recommends vendors to have hand sanitizer at their booth for guests and staff and to bring any additional PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) vendor feels is necessary to provide a safe environment for themselves and their employees. Please wash hands frequently, especially after using the bathroom and after a cough/sneeze. Masks are not mandatory at this time, but recommended for all vendors and guests. Do not attend the convention if sick. iMagicon reserves the right to change terms and conditions of the above Covid-19 statement as information becomes available and reserves the right to perform a daily temperature screening of vendors & staff.