Welcome one and all! Do you have a cosplay that you’ve picked up, or perhaps you’ve put your blood, sweat and tears into crafting one from scratch? Well it’s time to suit up and make your debut here at iMagicon! All fandoms are welcome! Rock our your cosplays all weekend and even take the step and sign up for our signature cosplay contests! Now, before we roll into the details of the contests, we do have a few rules that we need to go over!
• COSPLAY DOES NOT MEAN CONSENT. Period.
• No nudity. No clothes is no clothes.
• Shoes are required at all times. Even if a cosplay character goes barefoot, the cosplayer must wear shoes.
•All costumes worn within the convention center must fit through a standard doorway (36 inches). Any attendee wearing a bulky costume, or one with poor visibility, should have a handler available to escort him/her. If you have a cosplay that is greater than the set parameters, you will be limited to either the main floor or the armory portion of the facilities as we cannot make an opening big enough for you to move through. For cosplay contest: costumes that have low visibility or are a bit bulky may have a handler help them in individual and group competition. While for most competitors, being on the stage so everyone can see is needed. However! If, for any reason you cannot go onto the stage, bring it to the judges attention and we will see if you can perform on the main floor in front of the stage! Note: no assembly of costume is allowed on stage during the cosplay contest. This will be automatic disqualification.
• All prop weapons must conform to iMagicon policy, which is as follows: All weapons must be inspected by a member of our security staff and tagged prior to entry. If you have a weapon that does not pass inspection, you will not be allowed in the show. No real weaponry (live firearms, sharp blades, etc) are allowed at iMagicon. All weapons must be non-working and peace bounded. No functioning projectile weapons – including water pistols, silly-string guns, or nerf guns. Bladed weapons must be affixed in their sheaths so that they cannot be removed. No clowning around in the commons area. Any weapon used in an offensive manner will be confiscated. Anyone who violates this rule may be asked to leave the convention area with no refund given. Please use good judgement.
•No costume may be realistic depictions of American Law Enforcement or current American Military uniforms, or have the words POLICE, POLICIA, SWAT, FBI, DEA, CIA or any other official Government Agency name or initials on them.
• No touching of the cosplayer’s costumes. Many people spend a lot of time, effort and money into their cosplay. Be respectful. ASK.
• No throwing items of any kind including glitter, confetti, rose petals, snap firecrackers, etc
• If you want to have a photograph with a cosplayer, ensure you ask before you snap! Furthermore, get permission if any physical contact or posing is to happen.
Now that we’ve gone through our rules and ensuring everyone is having a blast, let’s move onto our Cosplay Contests! We’ve completely revamped them this year! We will have the following categories this year:
Role Play/Skit – Store bought allowed. Get on stage and show your abilities! Limited to 5 minute skits. Junior/Adult/Group.
Homemade! – Divided into two categories! Amateur and Advanced! Our age range is now 11-Infinity! We will select one Junior and one Adult from each category to win. Please be honest and gauge how you feel your work is! If we feel you are in the wrong category during prejudging, we will discuss with you!
Littles! – One final competitions for your little ones to come out and have some fun!
Major prizes up for grabs too in each category and a $300 cash prize for the Cosplayer of the Year!
Each year the quality and competition of our cosplayers and their suits has stepped up! Let’s make this year the most intensive, close competition we’ve ever had! Work hard and bust out your best work! See you at the convention!
Pre-Registration online will be available until April 22! After that you will have one final chance at the door on Friday, April 23 to sign up at the door! After that, no sign up, no competing!
PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED AS FOLLOWS
- Best Adult Role Play (Award trophy & prize)
- Best Junior Role Play (Award trophy & prize)
- Best Group Role Play (Award trophy & prize)
- Best Junior Amateur (Award trophy & prize package)
- Best Adult Amateur (Award trophy & prize package)
- Best Junior Advanced (Award trophy & prize package)
- Best Adult Advanced (Award trophy & prize package)
- Best Little! (Award trophy & stuffed animal)
- iMagicon Cosplayer Of The Year (Award trophy, $300 cash prize, prize package and title of 2021 iMagicon Cosplayer of the Year!)
- All Cosplay entries MUST have a ticket to the event in order to participate.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST PRE-REGISTER IN ADVANCE TO PARTICIPATE. If you miss the online sign up, you will only have one more opportunity to sign up at the door on Friday!
- Registration is open now! Sign up by clicking here.
- All cosplayers must conform to the cosplay general rules. All fandoms are welcome to participate in contest. Gaming, film, comic books, furry, etc.
- All Cosplayers MUST BE PREJUDGED. If you are not within the prejudging window, you will be disqualified!
- All cosplayers must utilize the stage during performance, with exceptions! (Please speak with a judge)
- No jumping off the stage.
- No projectiles allowed, including glitter, confetti, rose petals, etc.
- Any skit performed must stay under 3 minutes on the stage.
- Come on stage, rock your shot and make your way off to watch the rest of the show!
- NO WALK UPS once registration has officially closed. If you miss the deadline we are sorry.
ROLE PLAY/SKIT Cosplay Contest
6 pm, Friday, April 23, 2021
- Compete with any store-bought costume! There will be no prejudging for this competition! Yes we will grade your suit but it’s all about having fun!
- Own your character! Make us believe who you are!
- Give us a 1-3 Minute skit being your character! Max is 5 minutes before deductions will apply.
- Let loose and show us what you got!
- Ages 11-17
- Awards will be given as follows:
- Best Junior Role Play
- Best Adult Role Play
- Best Group Role Play
Amateur Handcrafted Cosplay Contest
5 pm, Saturday, April 24, 2021
Prejudging held at 2 pm – 3 pm, Saturday (must wear your cosplay!)
Calling all Cosplayers of all ages!
You’ve put in the effort and everyone wants to see it. Come out and show off your hard work!
We want to see you in your suits and owning the characters you represent!
So come ready to show off your moves in a 1-3 minute skit that focuses on the character immersion you are representing! We are here to have fun, so let’s show them what you got!
All participants in the cosplay contest must present their cosplay during pre-judging at 2 pm Saturday by the Superhero Stage. IF YOU ARE NOT PREJUDGED YOU WILL NOT COMPETE.
- Awards will be given as follows:
- Best Junior Amateur
- Best Adult Amateur
Advanced Handcrafted Cosplay Contest
6 pm, Saturday, April 24, 2021
Prejudging held at 3 pm – 4 pm, Saturday (must wear your cosplay!)
The Big Chalupa
It’s time to bust out the big, the best, the baddest suits you can rock out on the competition floor!
You’ve put tireless hours, blood, sweat, tears and who knows what else to make this a reality and it’s time to own it
Suit up and immerse yourself in your character and give us a 1-3 minute skit showing us your moves and skill!
Let’s make it the hardest competition yet!
- All participants in the cosplay contest must present their cosplay during pre-judging at 4 pm Saturday by the Superhero Stage. IF YOU ARE NOT PREJUDGED YOU WILL NOT COMPETE.
- Trophies and Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Best Junior Advanced
- Best Adult Advanced
Littles Cosplay Contest
4 pm, Sunday, April 25, 2021
- One final hurrah for our little ones who have been rocking out all weekend!
- Suit up and come out and have a blast on the stage and show us what you got
- Ages 0-10
- Winner will be chosen by applause and crowd interaction!
- No need for preregistering, just meet at the stage 30 minutes before!
iMagicon Cosplayer of the Year
Announced at the end of the Cosplay Contests at the end of Saturday night!
This is the biggest prize we offer and the one everyone wants!
Good luck and OWN IT!