Please read through the rules and policies at iMagicon. Failure to adhere to rules and policies may result in a “cutting of the wrist band” or “removal of badge” (AKA removal from the convention) without compensation for any purchased tickets/items/etc. Depending on the severity of the infraction, violators may be removed from the convention without compensation for their purchased tickets and/or banned from our platforms (social media/email/convention). By purchasing a ticket, you agree to follow these rules and policies.
iMagicon Community Guidelines and Anti-Harassment Policy
All participants of iMagicon must abide by the following policy:
- Be excellent to each other. We want the event to be an excellent experience for everyone regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, or other protected category. Treat everyone with respect. Participate while acknowledging that everyone deserves to be here — and each of us has the right to enjoy our experience without fear of harassment, discrimination, or condescension, whether blatant or via micro-aggressions. Jokes shouldn’t demean others. Consider what you are saying and how it would feel if it were said to or about you.
- Speak up if you see or hear something. Harassment is not tolerated, and you are empowered to politely engage when you or others are disrespected. The person making you feel uncomfortable may not be aware of what they are doing, and politely bringing their behavior to their attention is encouraged. If a participant engages in harassing or uncomfortable behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning or expelling the offender from the event with no refund. If you are being harassed or feel uncomfortable, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the event staff immediately.
- Harassment is not tolerated. Harassment includes, but is not limited to: verbal language that reinforces social structures of domination related to gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, or other protected category; sexual imagery in public spaces; deliberate intimidation; stalking; following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; offensive verbal language; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- Practice saying “Yes and” to each other. It’s a theatre improv technique to build on each other’s ideas. We all benefit when we create together.
This policy extends to panels, cosplay competitions, workshops, social media, parties, hallway conversations, all attendees, partners, sponsors, volunteers, event staff, etc. You catch our drift. iMagicon reserves the right to refuse admittance to, or remove any person from, any iMagicon hosted event (including future iMagicon events) at any time in its sole discretion. This includes, but is not limited to, attendees behaving in a disorderly manner or failing to comply with this policy, and the terms and conditions herein. If a participant engages in harassing or uncomfortable behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning or expelling the offender from the event with no refund. Event organizers may also be required to report the offenses to law enforcement.
Our event staff can usually be identified by special badges/attire. Our zero-tolerance policy means that we will look into and review every allegation of violation of our Event Community Guidelines and Anti-Harassment Policy and respond appropriately. Please note, while we take all concerns raised seriously, we will use our discretion as to determining when and how to follow up on reported incidents, and may decline to take any further action and/or may direct the participant to other resources for resolution.
Event staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing discomfort or harassment to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
Exhibiting partners, sponsors or vendor booths, or similar activities are also subject to this policy.
Why this policy is important
Harassment at events and in online communities is unfortunately common. Creating an official policy aims to improve this by making it clear that harassment of anyone for any reason is not acceptable within our events and communities. This policy may prevent harassment by clearly defining expectations for behavior, aims to provide reassurance, and encourages people who have had bad experiences at other events to participate in this one.
License and attribution
This policy is licensed under the Creative Commons Zero license.
iMagicon is home to a variety of fandoms to which we embrace with open arms. Variety opens up new worlds to people and we celebrate those differences as new learning opportunities. We do not tolerate any harassment or bullying of any kind. If a fandom seems “silly” to you, keep it to yourself. We will not tolerate the belittling or ridiculing of a fandom on any of our platforms – social media, website or at the convention. iMagicon provides everyone with an equal opportunity to enjoy their fandom in a family-friendly environment. Depending on the severity of the infraction, violators may be removed from the convention without compensation for their purchased tickets and/or banned from our platforms.
Cosplay of all Fandoms are welcome at iMagicon and is encouraged throughout the event! These following rules apply to cosplay contest participants and general cosplay attendees. A few rules of cosplay:
• COSPLAY DOES NOT MEAN CONSENT. Period.
• No nudity. No clothes is no clothes.
• Shoes are required at all times. Even if a cosplay character goes barefoot, the cosplayer must wear shoes.
•All costumes worn within the convention center must fit through a standard doorway (36 inches). Any attendee wearing a bulky costume, or one with poor visibility, should have a handler available to escort him/her.
• All prop weapons must conform to iMagicon policy, which is as follows: All weapons must be inspected by a member of our security staff and tagged prior to entry. If you have a weapon that does not pass inspection, you will not be allowed in the show. No real weaponry (live firearms, sharp blades, etc) are allowed at iMagicon. All weapons must be non-working and peace bounded. No functioning projectile weapons – including water pistols, silly-string guns, or nerf guns. Bladed weapons must be affixed in their sheaths so that they cannot be removed. No clowning around in the commons area. Any weapon used in an offensive manner will be confiscated. Anyone who violates this rule may be asked to leave the convention area with no refund given. Please use good judgement.
•No costume may be realistic depictions of American Law Enforcement or current American Military uniforms, or have the words POLICE, POLICIA, SWAT, FBI, DEA, CIA or any other official Government Agency name or initials on them.
• No touching of the cosplayer’s costumes. Many people spend a lot of time, effort and money into their cosplay. Be respectful.
• No throwing items of any kind including glitter, confetti, rose petals, snap firecrackers, etc
COVID-19: Personal responsibilities of all attendees
By attending iMagicon, you acknowledge that you may be exposed to Covid-19 and other communicable diseases and assume the risks involved with being at the public event. As part of your personal responsibilities, iMagicon expects all patrons to help reduce the risk of transmission spread by not attending if sick and following the Covid-19 rules we have outlined on our Covid-19 policy page.
Tickets are nonrefundable, even in event of lineup change.